To follow up with many of you who were praying for me as I returned home to see my mum who took seriously ill. I managed to get a ticket to fly home to England the same day I got the call from my dad that mum was really very sick. That was September 2nd. I flew through the night and had a long wait (8 hours) in Amsterdam before finally arriving at Liverpool airport mid afternoon.
My cousin Carol & her husband Brian met me at the airport and took me straight to the Hospital. Dad & Gill (my older sister) were both at her bedside. Mum was unconscious but I like to think she knew I was there. I had 6 hours with her before she peacefully slipped away into the waiting arms of Jesus. She died at 10:05pm on 3rd September which also happened to be mum and dad's 54th Wedding Anniversary.
Heather - my younger sister was still in the air on her way from Australia. Unfortunately she didn't arrive till lunch time the next day and we had to break the sad news to her in the airport when we picked her up.
Both Heather & I had just over a week at home in England spent with Dad and Gill. Matt & Steve joined us for the second half. We cried together much, we also laughed as we remembered mum and some of the funny things she said and did. What is clear to me, is that she leaves a bigger gap than any of us could have ever imagined and I miss her more than I can say.
Her funeral was a beautiful tribute to her life. It was truly a celebration of who she was and such a wonderful representation of the Hope we have as believers in Christ.
Thank you for your prayers last week and for your continued prayers that sustain us through this time of grieving.
Brenda xx



No comments:
Post a Comment