Thursday, May 17, 2007

Africa Mercy Liberia Screening 3rd May


On the 3rd of May I was up at 4:30am and we left the ship at 5am to be at the local Soccer Stadium to set up for a day of screening for the Africa Mercy's first patients. Last year for the Ghana screening I had been on the prayer station, where those who are told that we can't help them are sent to receive prayer and words of comfort. This year I was very happy to be on one of the registration desks. There were 4 of us and we were the first to greet each person patiently waiting to be seen. We took down all their details and weighed them, then at the next station they were asked their medical history and then on to be examined by one of our Drs/Surgeons. The prospective patients had lined the street outside the stadium and then filled the stalls at the side of the pitch. This picture shows me at the foot of the stalls taking details with a translator to help me. There is a short video which was taken, which I am on. Click on "Upload Video" below.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

No comments: