Friday, May 04, 2007

The Africa Mercy Sails at Last!
At 9 am this morning the Africa Mercy pulled away from the Dock finally to leave UK waters after 8 years in shipyard. As a family we have served for almost 7 of those years! It's hard to convey what we feel today. The excitement level is very high as we look ahead to see her arrive in Monrovia, Liberia on 21st May. I can only imagine the emtotion of the moment when we see her appear on the horizon and then pull into the Dock beside the M/V Anastasis. There will be much celebrating, singing and dancing, of that I'm sure.
As I reflect over the last 7 years, I am so thankful to God for all He has done in us during this time. It has certainly been a time of growth. It has for sure had its challenges, but it has also been a wonderful journey and we look ahead with anticipation and excitement at all that He will accomplish through us as a family and as a Ministry as we use this wonderful tool He has given us - the Africa Mercy, with it's much greater capacity to serve the world's forgotten poor even more effectively!

What an awesome God we serve!


View from the bow of the Africa Mercy as it sails out of Blythe harbor to Rotterdam this morning. Thank you Lord!

Matt & Steve meet up on the Dock this morning before the sail to say their goodbyes.

No comments: